Going to court is stressful and difficult. Before you go to court, it is important that you get really good legal advice. You can do this through private lawyers, Legal Aid, or staff located at local courts.
It is essential that you are well prepared before you speak to your lawyer. This means:
- Bringing all of your papers with you.
- Ensuring you know when the court date is.
- Writing down what has happened before you see your lawyer.
- Getting references to assist you.
- Making sure you’re properly versed for the occasion
- Bringing identification with you (such as a drivers licence or passport).
- Talking to your lawyer as to what the possible penalties will be.
- Asking your lawyer how experienced they are in the appropriate area of law.
- Understanding who is who in the court room and what is going on.
- Presenting yourself in the best possible light before the Magistrate or Judge.
Remember, when you speak to a lawyer, you get what you pay for.
For the best legal advice, free telephone advice, and fixed-price consultations then contact Greg Martin of Martin Bullock Lawyers to make sure you get the best result that you can. Call us now on 02 9687 9322.