At Martin Bullock Lawyers, we do a lot of domestic violence work in the Local Court at Parramatta.
Sometimes, abusive ex-partners use the family law to continue to harass and intimidate their ex-spouses, even where an Apprehended Violence Order has been granted.
Here is a great article you may wish to read about the deaths of Hannah Clarke and her three children in February at the hands of her partner.
- Physical violence is never acceptable. Never. The horrible deaths of Hannah Clarke and her three children were not committed by a loving father. Their deaths were caused by a murderous, controlling individual. Don’t fall for the media spin. Violence towards another person is never justified.
- If you know of anyone in a relationship under stress, encourage them to seek help. Be honest and upfront. If you can’t repair your relationship, then remove it. It is not fair or brave (or masculine) to control and threaten your partner or children – it is cowardly.
- Financial and psychological abuse are also wrong. You can’t control someone else’s life.
- Almost all domestic violence results from men trying to control their partner. It is wrong.
- If you are in a relationship and you fear domestic violence, you have options. Do not despair. It is not your fault. You are not alone.
Call Lifeline on 13 11 14, or call us here at Martin Bullock Lawyers. We can refer you to services that can help. We are happy to listen.
Martin Bullock Lawyers can assist you with strategies to limit any harassment or intimidation by your ex-partner, and to ensure the best outcome for you and your children. We always obtain the best result and the best court orders to protect you and your children from abusive ex-partners.
What happened to Hannah, Aaliyah, Laianah and Trey should never happen to anyone.
This should be a line in the sand moment.
If you require help with a domestic violence issue, or any other family law matter, then please contact Greg Martin for free initial telephone advice on 02 9687 9322.